Sunday September 20, 2020
MOGADISHU (HOL) – Newly appointed prime minister Mohamed Hussein Roble has called on parliament to approve him for the post in his first public address since he was tapped for the job last week.
In a video address following a meeting with Lower House speaker Mohamed Mursal, the new PM urged the lawmakers to endorse him so that he can go ahead to form a new government.
“I want to ask the House of the Peoples for a vote of confidence, hoping that they will give me a vote of confidence, so that I can carry out my duties,” said Prime Minister Roble.
President Mohamed Farmaajo is expected to present Roble to the Lower House for approval upon which he will form a new government which also requires parliamentary approval.
Roble also welcomed his appointment by President Farmaajo. He will now take over from his predecessor Hassan Khaire who was relieved of duties last month.
- Hersi on bouncing back – BUSINESS DAILY
- Five-year-old girl raped in Mogadishu – HOL
- Viral video of confrontation in a Minneapolis gym changed 3 lives forever – Star Tribune
- Kenyan police arrest 12 Somali nationals in border region – Xinhua
- Somalia’s first female mechanic is changing stereotypes one vehicle at a time – Face2Face Africa
- Somalia’s Education System Struggles to Attract Girls – VOA
- Trump Describes Journalist Hit By Rubber Bullet As ‘A Beautiful Sight’ – Forbes
This post first appeared on Hiiraan Online. Read the http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2020/Sept/180026/new_pm_mohamed_roble_urges_parliament_to_okay_his_appointment.aspxoriginal article